Crow Island School Tours
Designed by Eliel and Eero Saarinen with Perkins, Wheeler & Will, the elementary school opened in 1940 and has been in continuous use ever since. It was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1990 for its architectural significance and influence on subsequent school design.
Next door in Crow Island Woods is the c1837 Schmidt-Burnham Log House where continuous tours will be offered from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. that day. There is a suggested donation for Log House tours.
Winnetka Historical Society, 847-446-0001.